Monday 17 November 2014

Maps & Journey (Extended Idea)


Visuals/Sound 


Recently I have come across the idea to use visual for my project as an alternative solution in developing my idea even further if necessary. I will still continue with my initial idea which is to produce a sound installation around laughter. The reason behind the additional visual imagery is so the that people experiencing this art form have more than one element to engage with creating an alternative outlook on the piece.

The idea is to capture as many different forms of laughter visually whilst collecting the sounds from the subject. Experimenting with the speed of the footage and using that to help convey to the audience the different types of facial expressions that exist through laughter.

Sound Installation

Once all the necessary sounds are collected the next process will be importing them into Pro tools, where I will then use effects that can alter the flow of sound. one area that I am having a problem deciding is weather to tell a story with the sound or possibly bring all the sounds together so they play off each other with a 30/40 second loop attached.

Certain Laughs that I want to stand out will be held in a separate room to get the best result i.e. Baby laughing or elderly person. Other sounds that I am going to collect will be used to create a back ground atmosphere which is going to be recorded in large groups.

Equipment Needed:  


  • Zoom Recorder with boom mic 
  • My personal DLSR or canon film camera 
  • Tripod
  • LED Light  


     

 

1 comment:

  1. Strong concept as we discussed but expected to see some sign of creative experimentation on your blog by this stage of development. Let me know when you post something to look at or hear. Concerned that your attendance is a bit erratic this year.

    ReplyDelete