Monday 28 April 2014

Reflection Film Post-Producti

Editing in Post-Production 


Editing the footage was an area of interest for this particular film as we were developing ideas because I wanted to see how I could translate the story through different cuts and sequence the of footage. When importing the clips into Premiere pro I immediately organised the scenes into various folders to keep a constant work flow that would not confuse me.
I liked the fact i was able to experiment with different styles of how to present the film and found myself increasingly going back over areas that i thought would be used for the final screening. Which was good in terms of teaching myself to always look at different ways to put in together, it was almost like building blocks always coming up with new ways to re-invent. 

When it came the opening scene after speaking with leah and her review on it she suggested that the first few minutes of it weren't really necessary and in fact just use selected short parts from it. Which then when discussing it over with the group came the a decision of cut the begining into the sleeping scene to create some sort of dream scene.


 
Originally when i started the editing the dream scene all i had done was cut up the clips that i wanted into flashback shorts  and positioned them sleeping footage. To create the effect i tried to find so tutorials on youtube but wasnt very successful in that area due to that lack of, so i just looked at different premiere videos and and types of effects on hand and went on to experimenting with what looks good and asking myself if it fits the scenario well. I also found out away to apply my effects to a large quantity of footage without applying it to each one separately, this was called an 'Adjustment Layer' which is where i placed the effects.

The brown clips are the cut flashbacks
Effects
 






No comments:

Post a Comment